- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Large Animal Practice was started in 1973 when Dr. Gary Evans purchased the Large Animal portion of Dr. Dave Wixom’s mixed animal practice. On July 4, 1976, the practice moved to its present location on Cimarron Way, in Los Osos, California.
Dr. Gary Evans, Dr. Don Warden and Dr. Michael Lyon are the veterinarians that will care for your animals. There are many benefits of a multi-doctor practice including increased resources and often a faster more flexible response time to client needs and emergencies. We also have the benefit of quick collaborative veterinary services.
- The clinic has 4 outside stalls and 2 covered stalls for hospitalizing equine patients.
- We have a squeeze chute and several pens to house cattle.
- We have a mobile hydraulic squeeze that can be made available to our clients.
- Our treatment room has stocks for horses where we perform reproductive, dental, ophthalmic and other procedures.
- BRAND NEW POWER DENTAL TOOLS!
- BRAND NEW In-House Blood Analysis
- Blood work results in MINUTES rather than 12-24 hours when sending out!
- Lameness and prepurchase exams can be performed outside the clinic.
- If Radiographs (x-rays) are indicated or requested they can be taken inside in a clean and quiet area.
We offer many products that are competitively priced to internet and local feed stores.
- Bandaging supplies
- From Elastikon to Vetrap
- De-worming products for horses, cattle, small ruminants, camelids, swine, dogs and cats.
- Fly and tick products
- Wound care products